Re: [xsl] Building XML

Subject: Re: [xsl] Building XML
From: Steve <subsume@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 16:54:17 -0400
If we could perhaps return to constructive dialogue, could someone
please help me with the design that ties together my SQL with my XSL
presentation, and the XML between the two?

Initially I simply had my ASP document do the transform, however some
reports require additional (dynamic) information about each item.
Let's say I have 3 people, and each of them has 4 favorite foods and 2
favorite colors all stored in 3 separate tables.

What are common methods of getting this to XSL?

My efforts right now are to use document() to call upon a server
script which dishes the results up in XML (foods or colors, in this
case). Is this a common solution? I do this because it I find ASP XML
manipulation to be difficult and I'd like to reduce ASP code so, in
the future, we can move to another language with minimal gripe.

Or does someone else recommend I simply build the XML tree entirely
within ASP before the transform?

-S