Re: [xsl] [xml] using schemas/xslt/xinclude to provide normalization

Subject: Re: [xsl] [xml] using schemas/xslt/xinclude to provide normalization
From: "Nestor Urquiza" <nestor.urquiza@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 08:20:43 -0400
Thanks Nathan,
Entities were evaluated as well when I was evaluating xinclude.
Entities are good solution (still not pure xml approach, no fallback
mechanism, schema validating can not be done in a per chunk basis )
when you want to include whole files and not specific nodes as I need.

Think about keys in a relational database. There you can reuse data
after normalization. That is what I am after "normalyzing xml" which
means for me a way of including for a given library for example the
specific book nodes that are the same another library or bookstore can
be storing/selling.

The first option is to include the chunks using entities or xinclude.
I am wondering if there is a better way, if there are some apis for
doing so. Maybe a native database can be used, maybe a given product,
or better though it would be great if someone have been there before
analyzing these situations and has a good implementation in terms of
pure architecture to be build.

Any other thoughts guys?