Re: [xsl] url encoding gets wrong with åöä?

Subject: Re: [xsl] url encoding gets wrong with åöä?
From: Abel Braaksma Online <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 12:47:05 +0200
Hi Niklas,

Eclipse is free: www.eclipse.org. It is a development environment and it can help you with developing XML, XSLT and programming (if you'd need it). You can find any nice text editor in this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_text_editors. Decide which you want based on it's capability of viewing a text-only document in different encodings.

As a matter of fact, you can judge the encoding of your document by loading into Internet Explorer (as a .txt file) and choose some different encodings from the View --> Encoding menu. A handy shortcut I often find myself using when I have to find out what encoding / language a text is in (I do business with some Baltic states, have a different character map than your Latin-1).

Cheers,
Abel

Niklas Holmberg wrote:

I don't have eclipse. Anybody know a good editor (for windows) that can save correct ISO-8859-1 documents?