Re: [xsl] Floating point numbers in msxml xslt processor

Subject: Re: [xsl] Floating point numbers in msxml xslt processor
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 15:35:59 +0100
> is it true that msxml processor does not treat the floating point
> numbers (with scientific notation) like 1.234e-3  as numeric values.

yes the same is true of all XSLT1 processors.  1.234e-3  is a syntax
error in XPath1 (it is floating point syntax in XPath2)

> my client application uses the msxml (Internet explorer 6).
> is there any workaround to make it work.

in pure xslt use substring-after to split on the e and then multiply or
divide by 10 the specified number of times. If you know you are on
msxml, probably simpler just to write an extension function using msxsl:script
in javascript or some such language to just return the number.

David

http://www.star.net.uk