[xsl] Managing namespaces ... again

Subject: [xsl] Managing namespaces ... again
From: "Georg Hohmann" <georg.hohmann@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:59:26 +0200
Hi,

i've asked a namespace-problem before but here i have another one
which might be solved if someone could push my nose on the right
xsl-function.

I have a source xml with a single namespace like this:

<exp:test xmlns:exp="http://www.whatever.xyz";>
  <exp:tag1>Content</exp:tag1>
  <exp:tag2>Content</exp:tag2>
<exp:test>

I want to generate a target xml file which uses another namespace but
not the one from the source file. To adress the nodes in the source
file i declare the source namespace (exp) in combination with the
target namespace (new) inside the xslt like this:

<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
xmlns:exp="http://www.whatever.xyz";
xmlns:new="http://www.whatever2.xyz";>

The target xml file now has both namespaces declared inside the root
element, but i only want the new one to be declared. Is there a way to
suppres the output of a specific namespace in the target?

Greetings,
GH