Re: [xsl] Convert XML to Excel using XSLT Question II.

Subject: Re: [xsl] Convert XML to Excel using XSLT Question II.
From: "Karen Yang" <kyang94@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:01:03 -0400
Hi,

Beside the question I had in my previous email, here comes another
one. Since I've been struggling on this for quite some days and the
deadline is coming, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could help me
out....

what does the "." do? i.e. I don't understand what the following does?
especially the "." part, and without apply-template, how this code
would be called?

<xsl:template match="TAX_CASH_FLOW_ANALYSIS/TaxCashFlowUnit/TaxCashFlowDetail/*">
 <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">
   <xsl:value-of select="."/>
 </Data></Cell>
</xsl:template>

You may only want to do something with the content of the current node in which case you would use <xsl:value-of select ="."/>. ... something like your cell below.