Re: [xsl] Moving (promoting) XML elements through XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] Moving (promoting) XML elements through XSL
From: "Mark Peters" <flickrmeister@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 08:12:11 -0400
Never mind. I got it to work by adjusting the stylesheet as follows:

version="1.0">
      <xsl:output indent="yes"/>
      <xsl:template match="//topic">
              <xsl:copy>
                      <xsl:apply-templates select="@*"/>
                      <prolog>
                              <metadata>
                                      <keywords>
						<indexterm>
                                              <xsl:copy-of
select="title/indexterm"/>
						</indexterm>
                                      </keywords>
                              </metadata>
                      </prolog>
                      <xsl:apply-templates select="node()"/>
              </xsl:copy>
      </xsl:template>
      <xsl:template match="indexterm[parent::title]"/>
      <xsl:template match="@*|node()">
              <xsl:copy>
              </xsl:copy>
      </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Thanks again for the help.

Mark

On 6/30/06, Mark Peters <flickrmeister@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Great idea, drkm. Here it is:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<topic>
     <title>
        <indexterm>Software Requirements</indexterm>Software Requirements
     </title>
</topic>

Thanks,
Mark

On 6/30/06, Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx> wrote: > Mark Peters wrote: > > Hi > > > It looks like the script should work. I'm confounded as to > > why it doesn't. > > If you want we help you finding what's the problem, we'll need a > sample input XML that reproduces it. > > Regards, > > --drkm >

--

Mark Peters
Senior Technical Writer