[no subject]

"Namespace constraint: Reserved Prefixes and Namespace Names

The prefix xml is by definition bound to the namespace name
http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace. It may, but need not, be
declared, and must not be bound to any other namespace name. No other
prefix may be bound to this namespace name."

Note also that the namespace-uri used in your code is different from
the namespace-uri for the xml namespace -- as others advised this
answers your first question.

Could you send me the code, which causes MSXML4 to produce non-"xml"
bindings to the xml namespace uri?

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev