Re: [xsl] Recursive wrapping

Subject: Re: [xsl] Recursive wrapping
From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:23:50 +0530
Could you please post the input XML you tried and your desired output.

Regards,
Mukul

On 7/20/06, Khorasani, Houman <Houman.Khorasani@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Ghandi,

Sorry for late response.  This might be a nice alternative solution to
the one from George.  I tested it but for some reason, I get only the
values in the output without the xml tags.

Regards
Houman

-----Original Message----- From: Mukul Gandhi [mailto:gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: 13 July 2006 17:16 To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: [xsl] Recursive wrapping

Hi Houman,
  This is an example of positional grouping.

Following is one solution to this problem:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
version="1.0">

<xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes" />

 <xsl:template match="/root">
   <root>
     <xsl:for-each select="*">
       <xsl:choose>
         <xsl:when test="not(self::Attribute)">
           <xsl:copy-of select="." />
         </xsl:when>
         <xsl:when test="not(preceding-sibling::*[1]/self::Attribute)">
           <OtherAttributes>
              <xsl:copy-of select="." />
              <xsl:call-template name="MakeGroup">
                <xsl:with-param name="nodeset"
select="following-sibling::*" />
              </xsl:call-template>
           </OtherAttributes>
         </xsl:when>
       </xsl:choose>
     </xsl:for-each>
   </root>
 </xsl:template>

 <xsl:template name="MakeGroup">
   <xsl:param name="nodeset" />

   <xsl:if test="$nodeset[1]/self::Attribute">
     <xsl:copy-of select="$nodeset[1]" />
     <xsl:call-template name="MakeGroup">
       <xsl:with-param name="nodeset" select="$nodeset[position() &gt;
1]" />
     </xsl:call-template>
   </xsl:if>
 </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

For e.g., when the above stylesheet is applied to XML:

<root>
 <a>1</a>
 <b>2</b>
 <Attribute>