RE: [xsl] Iteration without nodes

Subject: RE: [xsl] Iteration without nodes
From: "Colin Adams" <colinpauladams@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 15:52:59 +0100
From: "Frank Daly" <Frank.Daly@xxxxxx>

Hi

I've successfully used the expression <xsl:for-each
select="fieldcount[position() &lt; $lastNo]"> to perform a certain
operation a number of times.  I'm not sure where I got it and can't find
information on why it works.  Now I'm doing a slightly different
stylesheet and I can't get the desired result.  Could someone explain
how this operation works.

Sounds like a horrible bodge to me.

What the code actually does is to iterate over the first ($lastNo - 1) fieldcount children
of the context node.

If there happen to be at least ($lastNo - 1) of them, then is is equivalent to performing the body
of the for-each loop ($lastNo - 1) times. otherwise it is not.

Be the first to hear what's new at MSN - sign up to our free newsletters! http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters