Re: [xsl] xsl:sequence

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:sequence
From: Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 13:06:45 +0200 (CEST)
tom tom wrote:

  Hi

> But is the following true: an element node's consists of
> the name of the element; a text node consists of the CDATA
> assigned to that node; But an attribute node consists of
> the name of an attribute *as well* as its CDATA - is this
> not inconsistent?

  I don't think so.  A node may have a name, and has a
string value (and may have a typed value in XPath 2.0).  But
an element can have in addition sub-nodes, as its content
may be more complex than a simple string.

  For an attribute, obviously, you don't need a tree with
sub-nodes.  You just need a single node, with two properties:
its name and its value.

  It sounds rather logical to me, isn't it?

  Regards,

--drkm

Dicouvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le sujet !
Yahoo! Questions/Riponses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos expiriences.
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com