Re: [xsl] xsl:sequence

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:sequence
From: Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 15:16:32 +0200 (CEST)
David Carlisle wrote:

> >  But here, I think the relevant part is the string value
> > of an element node.

> No, it's a single text node generated by the value-of,
> that text node then gets used to generate the content of
> the element (and further merging, or separators might
> happen at that point) but first the text node is generated
> using 5.7.2.

  Mmh, we are still speaking about:

    <foo>one<!-- hmm -->two</foo>
    <xsl:value-of select="foo"/>

right?  So the element is not created, it is used.  More
precisely its string value is used.  And its string value is
the concatenation of all its descendant text nodes, so
"onetwo".

  But I'm feeling we don't speak about the same thing?

  Regards,

--drkm

Dicouvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le sujet !
Yahoo! Questions/Riponses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos expiriences.
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com