Re: [xsl] metrics for evaluating xsl-t?

Subject: Re: [xsl] metrics for evaluating xsl-t?
From: Robert Koberg <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 08:36:19 -0400
Tony Graham wrote:

Since I have only vague ideas on what to measure to determine complexity, I would have the complexity stylesheet output XML representing the counts for the different factors being measured in case the weighting for the various factors ever needs to change. It would also make it easier to write one complexity stylesheet that would be used to compute multiple complexity metrics, just as the cyclomatic complexity page refers to multiple, complementary metrics.

Wouldn't this all be dependent on the source XML? In other words, if you are dealing with one set of XML (data oriented) and I am dealing with another (document oriented) and X is dealing with yet another (tree/nested), the XSL would be widely different. And for good reasons. Would you want to compare those?

-Rob