Re: [xsl] pagin and sorting XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] pagin and sorting XSL
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 13:33:09 +0200
It looks to me that you are already quite far. A small thing that bothers me (but is off-subject here) is: why do you use encoding "ISO-8859-1" when you use characters that are not in the range of it, like *. Other characters are higher characters, but are allowed by Latin-1: c, a. etc. I think your processor is just very forgiving.

When it comes to sorting and using international characters (where international means: anything outside the ASCII range) it is often best to use UTF-8 encoding, which is an efficient variable length encoding for Unicode characters.

Now to your problem. I'm a bit at a loss. Where you say that it orders everything, I follow, and I see no mistakes at first sight in your code. About pagination, I am not sure what you mean, I don't see something about pages and I do not know what a "page" is. Do you mean that you have a bunch of datasets and want them to be sorted, and that you now have a bunch of datasets and they are all sorted?

Can you give a short example of how your output should look (with regards to the input you just send) and what parameters you used to call the processor to try to get to that output?

Cheers,
Abel Braaksma
http://abelleba.metacarpus.com

Carlos Humberto - IntelVision wrote:

Hello Abel, thank you for the fast answer.
I am sending my XML and XSL for the list (I don't know it goes if).
I wanted that each it paginates of results he/she had an ordination. But usually in my tests when I ask to order he orders everything, not just the results of the page.

Regards,
Carlos H.