Re: [xsl] Matching for strings...

Subject: Re: [xsl] Matching for strings...
From: "andrew welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 16:49:55 +0100
On 9/6/06, Bob Portnell <simply.bobp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, the Cookbook didn't help with this problem, or at least not that I saw.

So, my data (in part) is like this..

<xtvd>
    <programs>
        <program id@="...">
            <title> ... </title>
            <subtitle> ... </title>
            <description ... </title>
        </program>
        <program>
        </program>
    </programs>
</xtvd>

(Yes, it's the ever-popular DataDirect TV listings from Tribune Media
Services... I'm working with the data in its "native" xtvd structure,
rather than doing the very long-winded transform to the more popular
XMLTV structure.)

<description> might contain the string I've stowed in the variable
$target. Something simple like

...so something like:

select="//program[contains(title, $target) or contains(subtitle,
$target) or contains(description, $target)]"

cheers
andrew