RE: [xsl] Is there a way to utilise disable-output-escaping in apply-templates?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Is there a way to utilise disable-output-escaping in apply-templates?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 18:32:35 +0100
There is a way:

<xsl:template match="text()">
  <xsl:value-of select="." disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
</xsl:template>

But I doubt very much that it is the right design. d-o-e is nearly always
the wrong thing to do, and it certainly seems the wrong thing here. You
don't want to disable escaping of "<" and "&", you want to enable escaping
of quotes and apostrophes, as far as I can see.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/