Re: [xsl] outputting <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Subject: Re: [xsl] outputting <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:51:44 +0200
Ian Murphy wrote:
Now the question is, who is responsable for putting this header in
place? From what I know it should be the .net 1.1 xsl libraries I use to
do the transform, no? I've been searching the docs and can't find any
reference to enabling or disabling the production of this header, though
I could be looking for the wrong thing.

I missed on the whole discussion, but to enable/disable the <?xml ...?> header part, you can do the following:

<xsl:output indent="yes" method="xml" encoding="UTF-8" omit-xml-declaration="no" />

But, if you haven't got this statement *and* your method is "xml", the default value for "omit-xml-declaration" is "no", meaning, that the XML declaration, by default, should be output by the processor. Setting it to "yes" will suppress the output of the xml declaration.

Abel Braaksma
http://abelleba.metacarpus.com