Re: [xsl] writing error file

Subject: Re: [xsl] writing error file
From: George Cristian Bina <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 14:46:43 +0300
Hi Frank,

You can get (in general) the output of the xsl:message but you need processor specific code for that. Also this requires configuring the processor in a specific way, thus you need to have control over the transformation execution.

Using xsl:result-document to output the some data to a file seems ok to me, as you can do this directly from XSLT. Note that this works only in XSLT 2.0, for XSLT 1.0 you can eventually use the specific processors extensions for writing output documents.

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina
http://www.oxygenxml.com

Frank Marent wrote:
hello.

is there a simple way in xslt to append warnings and error messages to an (xml) error file? error file name should variable (current xml file name). the command xsl:message seems only to *display* messages during execution on the screen. but we would like to append messages to an (xml) file.

may the only way to use xsl:result-document or xsl:document for that?

regards
frank