[xsl] XSLT 2.0 support in KDE [was: Opera's JavaScript API for XSLT?]

Subject: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 support in KDE [was: Opera's JavaScript API for XSLT?]
From: "Michael(tm) Smith" <mikes@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 22:34:54 +0900
Frans Englich <frans.englich@xxxxxxxxx>, 2006-09-27 16:39 +0200:

> I've been working for a year+ on a project called Patternist[1], an
> XQuery/XSL-T 2.0/XPath 2.0 framework, a bit similar in design to Saxon. It is
> designed from the ground up to be efficient, extensible, and be able to reach
> these new technologies. The idea is to make XSL-T/XQuery available in an
> efficient and well-integrated way to KDE apps, such as Konqueror.

Wow. Having support for browser-side XSLT 2.0 transformations
would certainly seem to make it unique. Or even just having a XSLT
2.0 library available to apps in the way that libxslt is now.

Is there any particular reason why it needs to be limited to use
by KDE apps? I see that the homepage mentions that it has
dependencies on QtCore and the KDateTime class from kdecore. Why?

As far as I know libxslt (for the sake of comparison) doesn't have
any similar dependencies (well, except for relying on the standard
C library, if you want to count that).

  --Mike