Re: [xsl] XSLT functions in XPath

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT functions in XPath
From: Victor Toni <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 16:19:11 +0200
Michael Kay wrote:
>> Trying to be smart I tried to abstract the implementation
>> away by using pure XPath to get the size of the resulting
>> NodeList (or whatever), but Saxon throws an Exception with
>> this example because it doesn't know about the DOM.
>>

>> Exception in thread "main" javax.xml.xpath.XPathExpressionException:
>> Cannot locate an object model implementation for nodes of
>>

> That means that you haven't got the DOM support module saxon8-dom.jar on
> your classpath.

Actually its there, but the class net.sf.saxon.dom.DOMNodeList seems to
be not recognized.

As you see in the class net.sf.saxon.dom.DOMObjectModel

    public boolean isRecognizedNode(Object object) {
         return object instanceof Node && !(object instanceof
NodeOverNodeInfo);
    }

NodeList isn't a recognized class.