Re: [xsl] Problem with matches in XPath 2.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Problem with matches in XPath 2.0
From: "Joe Fawcett" <joefawcett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 19:55:44 +0100
Dimitre
Thanks, I'm using 8.8.
I'll double check the installation etc.

Joe
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, October 14, 2006 7:37 PM

I get false against both matches.

Probably you are using an older version of Saxon.

With both Saxon J 8.7.3 and Saxon.NET 8.7.3 I get the following result:

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev

On 10/14/06, Joe Fawcett <joefawcett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear All

I'm having a problem with the matches() function, probably due to misreading
the literature. I'm using Saxon.NET version 8.
The following stylesheet needs only a dummy XML input. I was expecting the
case-insensitive match to work.

<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
<xsl:template match="/">
   <h3>String handling</h3>
   <xsl:variable name="sentence" select="'I love Paris in the spring'"/>
   Case-sensitive match against 'paris': <xsl:value-of
select="matches($sentence, 'paris')"/><br/>
   Case-insensitive match against 'paris': <xsl:value-of
select="matches($sentence, 'paris', 'i')"/>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

I get false against both matches.

Thanks for your help