Re: [xsl] CDATA or escape in the result tree problems

Subject: Re: [xsl] CDATA or escape in the result tree problems
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:23:09 GMT
> At first, I thought this was going to be a straightforward application
> of cdata-section-elements="textarea", and that is also what is
> indicated in the FAQ. It does not work as expected, however.

No cdats-section elements is a hint that you'd rather a < was serialised
as
<![CDATA[<]]> than &lt; but it only applies to character data, it
doesn't affect the way element tags are generated.

You need to convert your xml tree to a linear string using a mode
something like

<xsl:template match="*" mode="verb>
 <xsl:text>&lt;</xsl:text>
 <xsl:value-of select="name()"/>
 <xsl:text>&gt;</xsl:text>
 <xsl:apply-templates mode="verb"/>
 <xsl:text>&lt;/</xsl:text>
 <xsl:value-of select="name()"/>
 <xsl:text>&gt;</xsl:text>
</xsl:template>

(more complete versions dealing with attributes etc can be found in the
archives).

David