Re: [xsl] Cals table question

Subject: Re: [xsl] Cals table question
From: B Tommie Usdin <btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 14:59:31 -0500
What does morerows attribute under element "entry" do in Cals table?

If you are using the XML Exchange Table Model (a popular version of the CALS table model with is published by OASIS) you can refer to the official documentation at: http://www.oasis-open.org/specs/tm9901.html

Many people find the documentation of that table model in the DocBook documentation very easy to use. Try starting at: http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html-ng/table.html

Also, has anybody written the XSLFO for CALS table? I have found XSLT but no code to convert cals table using XSLFO formatting object. Please let me know.

The premise behind this question is problematic. There is no "the XSLFO for CALS table". There can be many many different XSL-FO versions of CALS tables. It's sort of like asking "Has anyone written the HTML for phone lists?" There can be many different ways to handle phone lists in HTML, just as there can be many different ways to handle tables in XSL-FO.

Having said that, I would like to once again point you to DocBook. Many beginners find that they can adopt (or adopt and modify) many of the DocBook stylesheets. Even if they do not meet your needs you are likely to find them helpful teaching examples. Start at: http://wiki.docbook.org/topic/DocBookXslStylesheets

-- Tommie

B. Tommie Usdin                        mailto:btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in XML and SGML