RE: [xsl] generate-id() problem

Subject: RE: [xsl] generate-id() problem
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 09:15:09 -0000
generate-id() with no parameters is equivalent to generate-id(.) - it
returns the identifier of the context node. If you call it twice with the
same argument, it is guaranteed to return the same answer.

You seem to be in need of a completely different function, so you need to
explain what you are trying to do.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/