Re: [xsl] French Char display problem in XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] French Char display problem in XSLT
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 06:29:12 +0100
Senthilkumaravelan Krishnanatham wrote:
Hi All,
I have difficulty in retaining the french accented char in my XSLT transformation text mode.

I just ran your example on Saxon 6.5.5 and it all displayed fine (I assume with "accented" here, you meant the c-cedille in the the word frangaise). I tried Saxon 8, which displayed fine too. With "displayed" I mean that the output was encoded in ISO-8859-1 (or similar, like cp1252, which has the c-cedille at the same codepoint).

What exactly is your difficulty? Does some text editor view your content incorrectly? Do you see another character, a question mark, or none at all? Do you try to view it with a browser (like Internet Explorer)? In the latter case, try switching the codepage in the browser, under the "view" menu.

When viewing your output, make certain that you "view as" ISO-8859-1, or you will see the wrong characters. In XML Spy and Eclipse (and others) you can select what codepage to use for viewing your file.

Cheers,

Abel Braaksma
http://www.nuntia.com