Re: [xsl] Searching in Sub-children from an Array

Subject: Re: [xsl] Searching in Sub-children from an Array
From: Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 16:44:46 +0100 (CET)
Houman Khorasani wrote:

  Hi

> 2) I don't know if the thing above is possible at all, but
> even if so, XML Mapping seems to be a bit slow, so I though
> as an alternative solution, I could produce the <Steps>
> with a proper XPATH like this:

> 		<Steps>//*[@ID='111']//*[@ID='333']</Steps>

  This is not possible in plain XSLT.  In this case, there is a simpler
solution, that is listing the IDs as you shown before.

  But sometimes it is convenient/required to put XPath expressions in
the document.  The solution is then to see the document as a
meta-stylesheet, and generate with XSLT a stylesheet with it.  This
generated stylesheet will be in its turn runned to produce the desired
result.

  I do that every day in my work.

  Regards,

--drkm

Yahoo! Mail riinvente le mail ! Dicouvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son interface rivolutionnaire.
http://fr.mail.yahoo.com