Re: [xsl] XSLT WYSIWYG WEB Editor

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT WYSIWYG WEB Editor
From: "Robert Koberg" <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 17:34:41 -0500
On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 15:48:14 -0500, Kamal Bhatt <kbhatt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Senthilkumaravelan Krishnanatham wrote:
Hi,
I need a XSLT web based editor.
Please suggest something available in the market.I am glad to evaluate and take it forward.
What do you mean by "web editor" do you mean something that can allow you to edit XSLT for web pages or an editor from a web pages.

I agree. Does this person want editor view/output styled by XSL or do the want to create XSL templates that produce some layout/styling (a losing proposition, in my opinion)

Not knowing what you are trying to find, I will just keep rambling on about editors. I use Eclipse with the WTP plugin and find that works fairly well. It doesn't natively support XSLT, but it has enough XML support to be useful.

I know XMLSpy supports XSLT editing, but I have never used it (not enough licenses to justify it). Our web designer uses Marcromedia Dreamweaver with a special plugin (don't know what plugin though). That is pretty good.

As far as I know XSLT is XSLT regardless of whether you run it from the command line or from a web page, so any XSLT editor will do.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Senthil