Re: [xsl] Behavior of document() Function with Empty String

Subject: Re: [xsl] Behavior of document() Function with Empty String
From: Colin Paul Adams <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 17 Dec 2006 10:13:05 +0000

    >> This seems unambiguous to me, and therefore you can rely on it
    >> working, subject to the stylesheet having a base URI.

    David> No it's that"subject to" that I was refering to. If ther
                                               --------
    David> eis no base uri, then on teh face of it a relative URI of
           ---                      ---
    David> '' ought to have no base to resolve against but the olf URI
                                                               ---
    David> rfc at ;east had some words to teh efect that '' was
                  -----                   ---
    David> special-cased as a same-document reference, which migt
                                                             ----
    David> imply it works even if there is no base.

Godo socre. Ptiy abuot hte lsat lnie. :-)

That's interesting - have the words been dropped in 3986?

When I read sections 4.4 and 5.1 in 3986, I think there might still be
a trace of the ambiguity.

Whatever, I agree with your conclusion that you cannot rely on
document ('') working.
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire