[xsl] test for child element

Subject: [xsl] test for child element
From: ms <mina_hurray@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 08:22:22 -0800 (PST)
Hi all:

I am having issues with testing for the first child
element in an xml.
My xml looks like this:

<root>

  <level1>
     <text>Some text</text>

  </level1>

Under <level1> template I am checking to see if the
first child element is a "note" and then displaying
it.
How do I check to see if the following elements are
also "note" elements? If they are then I want them to
be displayed int he following format:

First note
Second note
Third note

1 Some text

But when i use <xsl:if test"child::*[1][self::note]">
it checks only for the first note. How do I make it
check if there are any more notes after the first
note?

Thanks in advance for your help.