RE: [xsl] Are namespace nodes required in XSLT 2.0?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Are namespace nodes required in XSLT 2.0?
From: "Colin Adams" <colinpauladams@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 07:55:02 +0000
From: Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx>
  I always thought namespace nodes were required in XSLT 2.0
(despite they are optional in XPath 2.0 and namespace axis
is deprecated).

  But while discussing with Colin, I was not able to find
the right verses in [XSLT2].  I think the fact that XSLT 2.0
has xsl:namespace as well as some sentences in "'5.7.3
Namespace Fixup" seem to say namespace nodes are required,
but I can't find it for sure.

Perhaps the wording could be improved, to talk in terms of namespace bindings, rether than nodes.

How can you tell if an XSLT implementation implements Namespace nodes (in the XDM sense), if it does not support the namespace axis?

After you first raised the matter, I sent an email to myself to look into the matter - it might just be construed by an implementor to mean xsl:namespace itself was optional (not that I would do so).

Windows Live Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free! http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/?locale=en-gb