Re: [xsl] Formatting issues

Subject: Re: [xsl] Formatting issues
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 20:36:47 +0100
Well, no. I tried to ask you what the output really must look like. I have several answers from you that give partial info. I can expect this:

1 some text
1 some other text
1 yet other text

I can expect this:
1 some text
2 some other text
3 yet other text

I can expect this:
1 some text
   a) some other text
        ii) yet other text

I have no idea how to do this.You gave quite an extensive XML and it gives all kinds of info, but it does not provide a clear clue of what you want. Please:
1. diminish the XML by leaving out all non-important parts (but make sure it is still valid XML)
2. Make a small XSLT that works on that partial XML (using your own, partial working techniques)
3. run your small XSLT against the small XML and
4. show (1), (2) and (3) with explanations to us

That way, you can (almost) count on it to receive a quite quick and to the point answer. It will save you and others a lot of time. Furthermore, it will help yourself to understand the problem better. Quite often, people find the solutions by narrowing the problem domain or by writing down explanatory texts for others.

Cheers,
-- Abel
  http://www.nuntia.com

ms wrote:
Hi:

Actually, the text "This has values high and steep"
was only to indicate that if the conditional values
were high and steep, then this text should be
displayed. The textual matter is not important. What
is important is the formatting for each level like 1,
2, etc.

Does that make sense? Please let me know if you need
more information.

Thanks a lot
MS