Re: [xsl] Prevent compilation error for xsl:namespace in XSLT 1.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Prevent compilation error for xsl:namespace in XSLT 1.0
From: Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 17:53:28 +0100 (CET)
Michael Kay wrote:

  Hi

> You should be able to do

> <xsl:when test="element-available('xsl:namespace')">
>   <xsl:namespace... version="2.0"/>
> </xsl:when>

  Thanks.  It is what I tried first, but...

> However, it's known that XSLT 1.0 processors are not
> universally reliable in their support for
> forwards-compatible mode, so you may need to do some
> experiments to be sure this works.

  ...actually, I found that Saxon 6.5.5 fails here,
reporting a compilation error:

    (drkm)[59] ~/xml/schematron
    $ saxon6 test/iso.sch fgeorges/iso-message.xsl > test/iso.sch.xsl
    Error at xsl:namespace on line 960 of
ascc/iso_schematron_skeleton.xsl:
      Unknown XSLT element: namespace
    Transformation failed: Failed to compile stylesheet.
    1 error detected.

  I wonder if the best (the only possible?) solution if to
use a separate stylesheet file for this named template with
version='2.0'.  Both Saxon 6.5.5 and xsltproc (from Gnome's
libxslt) succeed with that.  I didn't try other XSLT 1.0
processors.

  Regards,

--drkm

Dicouvrez une nouvelle fagon d'obtenir des riponses ` toutes vos questions !
Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des expiriences des internautes sur Yahoo! Questions/Riponses
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com