Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 has arrived

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 has arrived
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 12:31:19 -0500
At 4:41 PM +0000 1/23/07, Andrew Welch wrote:
Out of the people that put in the effort to reply to questions on the
list, I think it's fair if they assume XSLT 2.0 if the OP hasn't been
explicit.

That depends on what you mean by "fair". If you mean "will happen fairly often and will create a fair amount of confusion" I agree with you. If you mean "is reasonable and encouraged" I disagree.

It seems to me that there may come a time when it will be reasonable to assume that all unspecified questions are about XSLT 2.0, and there may come a time when answers that assume XSLT 2.0 will not need to specify this either. But that time has not come.

For the moment, I ask that people responding to questions try to determine what version the OP is using - possibly by asking - and not make such an assumption. Equally important, I ask that answers clearly specify what version of XSLT they are describing.

Thank you.

-- Tommie

B. Tommie Usdin                        mailto:btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in XML and SGML