Re[2]: [xsl] troubles with document()

Subject: Re[2]: [xsl] troubles with document()
From: Alexey Nickolaenkov <nikolaenkov@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 23:12:06 +0300

>> But here saxon comes up with the following warning:
>>
>> [FATAL] {xmlcopy} Error reported by XML parser; SystemID:
>> file:/C:/test/images_gallery.xml.html; Line#: 1; Column#: -1

DC> as the error message tries to make clear, the error isnt being raised by
DC> saxon but by the cml parser, saxon is just passing it on.
DC> If your file

DC> file:/C:/test/images_gallery.xml.html

DC> is not well formed XML (and most files with .html extension are not well
DC> formed) then it can not be used by any XML process.

DC> The actual error message is saying that the file does not have a single
DC> top level "root" element.
DC> so either it's empty or has more than one element, or has text at the
DC> top level or...

I thought about it when I was using much more complex xml as a source
file, but Saxon cannot load even files made by myself. I receive this
error even if I'm trying to load the most simple

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<aa>
  <bb>test</bb>
</aa>

:-( I dont know what the problem is. Even if I try to load well-formed
xmls (just loaded by another templates) I receive this error.

The only difference in code is the usage of base-uri in document()
function.

so document('my_xml.xml') works great, but
document('../my_xml.xml', /) falls with the error message above.
Though my_xml.xml file is found by parser.

--
Alexey                            mailto:nikolaenkov@xxxxxxxxxxxx