Re: [xsl] Wrap changing element sequence into container: with 'for-each-group'?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Wrap changing element sequence into container: with 'for-each-group'?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 14:03:41 GMT
> I prefer to call, for each `pB4, a named template acting

why? (If you are not careful you end up trying to implement the xslt
matching process in xslt which is a big job and unlikely to be
efficient)

> What I am having trouble to do is adding a container around a specific
> (fixed-order) sequence of those `pB4 elements, say, `p[style="a"]B4 and
> `p[style="b"]B4,

The for-each construct posted earlier ought to work just changing the
criterion to style=('a','b')

> Does that make sense to you? If so, which way can I go to implement it?
> (Tunnel parameters?) Or can you think of other approaches that might be
> preferable?

do the grouping on the container element rather than having to pass
information from template to template about whether the element has
already been grouped.

David