Re: [xsl] Altova XSLT parser / was: PARAMS and VARIABLES in XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] Altova XSLT parser / was: PARAMS and VARIABLES in XSL
From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 23:35:15 +0530
On 2/1/07, Joe Fawcett <joefawcett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I, on the other hand thought, their approach to customer relations dreadful.
My firm at the time bought six fully licensed copies, before I arrived,
which were not used for a couple of months until I arrived to work on a big
XSLT project.
When I started using it in earnest I found a bug in the document() function.
I tried to contact Altova for support but we were told that as it was more
than a month since purchase we were not entitled to any. It cost them
somewhat as we were going to buy licences for the remaining twelve people in
the department.

I haven't used much, XML Spy's built-in XSLT engine. I always used XML Spy to invoke another XSLT engine (like Xalan-J or Saxon).

But my stylesheet development productivity (esp. XSL-FO) increased a
lot using XML Spy, as it provides good auto-fill feature and
stylesheet debugging facility.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi