Re: [xsl] Saxon auto-recognition of sequence of XML and XSLT document possible ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Saxon auto-recognition of sequence of XML and XSLT document possible ?
From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 22:20:13 +0530
On 2/2/07, Ben Stover <bxstover@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there no Auto-recognition from Saxon to detect which of the two documents is the
XML and which the XSLT stylesheet and hence allow also

the 1st argument to Saxon should be XML file, and 2nd argument should be XSLT file. That's how it's designed. Saxon cannot introspect from the file contents, whether it is a XML file or a XSLT file.

I agree to George's comments, where he suggests that one way to
distinguish between a XML file and XSLT file is by looking at the XSLT
namespace (but Saxon doesn't do this). I don't see a good reason that
a XSLT processor should provide this facility.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi