Re: [xsl] XSL-FO: Centering text vertically in a table column

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL-FO: Centering text vertically in a table column
From: "Chris Graham [WarpSpeed]" <chrisg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 13:12:35 +1100 (EDT)
On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 19:06:27 +1100 (EDT), Chris Graham [WarpSpeed] wrote:

>On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 09:22:19 +1100, Chris_Graham@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>>"G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 07/02/2007
>>04:11:53:

>>> display-align="center" will centre the contents in the
>>> block-progression direction.
>>>
>>> I hope this helps.
>>
>>Absolutely!
>>
>>I looked at (but did not try) that attribute. I thought that it would have
>>centered the text horizontally on the line, rather than vertically winth
>>the cell. Obviously I misunderstood it! :-)
>>
>>The bit 'block-progression direction' is the key bit that I missed.
>>
>>Thank you very much for your help. Works like a charm.
>
>Until I got more complicated.
>
>I added a <fo:basic-link> tag around some text, and the mapping region of
>where the cursor recognises the web url link to be does not match up with
>the actual text on the display, probably due to the fact that it is a
>"display-align".
>
>Any suggestions, anyone, as to how to best work around this?

Seems to be an issue with Apache FOP 0.20.4 or 0.20.5.

0.93 fixed it.

-Chris

WarpSpeed Computers - The Graham Utilities for OS/2.
Voice:  +61-3-9395-1504   Internet:   chrisg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
FAX:    +61-3-9395-7633   Web Page:   http://www.warpspeed.com.au
Postal: WarpSpeed Computers, PO Box 4293, Hoppers Crossing DC, VIC 3029, AUSTRALIA