RE: [xsl] for-each-group, group-starting-with - group based on attribute value of first child... possible?

Subject: RE: [xsl] for-each-group, group-starting-with - group based on attribute value of first child... possible?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 08:14:48 -0000
> I've tried something like this (which XSLT doesn't seem to like):

How does it express its displeasure?

>     <xsl:template  match="table">
>             <xsl:for-each-group  select="tr"
>                 group-starting-with="td/@colspan=5">
>                     <xsl:value-of select="current-group()" />
>             </xsl:for-each-group>
>     </xsl:template>

Are you sure you want value-of and not copy-of?

> Any help greatly appreciated. I'm using XSLT 2.0 with the
> Saxon 8.1B processor.

That's about the last release but 10, which implements the last W3C
working-draft but 10. Few of us can remember what either the spec or the
software was like in those distant days. Please move forward.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/