Re: [xsl] XHTML html validation

Subject: Re: [xsl] XHTML html validation
From: John Steel <john.steel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:37:22 +0000
Abel Braaksma wrote:
Hi John,

If you go XHTML, you don't want to use the method HTML, as it will not produce legal XHTML, which Andrew already pointed out.

Thanks (and Andrew too).
To confuse things more, a peek at the source of http://validator.w3.org/ shows

<?xml version="1.0"?>
   "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>

I think thats gonna conform!
One more thing: if you want to force a certain string on the beginning of your file, you can use a trick with character-maps in XSLT 2 to get it there. I've put a workaround on this or saxon's list a while ago, but it is easy enough to implement.
Thanks, looks like I need this.
I'll raise a bug against resin - looks like they are the culprit with this bizarre HTML rather than html entry.