[xsl] Week 7: Open Source XML Weekly Roundup

Subject: [xsl] Week 7: Open Source XML Weekly Roundup
From: "M. David Peterson" <m.david@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 00:20:26 -0700
For those with interest, this same titled post to my XML.com blog contains an overview and access to the code for running a Saxon on .NET-based web application that doesn't require anything more than specifying in the Web.config file the base XSLT to use, any desired parameters to pass to the transformation, and if necessary, changing the extension of the XML file (I use Atom feeds as the source XML, using the .omx, .om, and .atom extensions. This could just as easily be a .xml extension, and in no way is it required to be anything other than well formed XML (AKA POX)) that should be passed to the transformation process when a request for this file-type is made.

http://www.oreillynet.com/xml/blog/2007/02/week_7_open_source_xml_weekly.html

NOTE: I feel it's worth pointing out the last paragraph of this entry, as it is something that, in my opinion, is absolutely spot on accurate.

---
Oh, one last thing: A big *PHAT* thank you is due to Dr. Michael Kay, in whom through his hard work and dedication in regards to the development of the XSLT 2.0 spec, the Saxon XSLT/XQuery processing engine, and ongoing support of the XSLT language in general through the XSL-List and Saxon-Help support channels, all of this above is made possible.
---

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson