Re: [xsl] creating a xslfo using xslt and a xml file

Subject: Re: [xsl] creating a xslfo using xslt and a xml file
From: Tony Graham <Tony.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 12:57:12 +0000
On Fri, Feb 23 2007 17:53:12 +0000, Helen McArthur wrote:
> i have a xml file which i need to transform to xslfo
>
> i have created a java class to convert it but it doesnt convert
> correctly, when it converts the file the fo tags are completly removed
> which isnt what i want can anyone tell me what im doing wrong

One thing to do is to get the transformation working using the
command-line versions of the tools before entrusting it to compiled
code.

You would then find the immediate cause of your problems:

>                    <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
>                      <xsl:template match='/' mode='ffp'>
>                      </xsl:template>
>                    </fo:flow>

<xsl:template> is not allowed at this point.  It seems likely that you
would want to instead use:

   <xsl:apply-templates select='/' mode='ffp'/>

Regards,

Tony Graham.
Tony Graham                  mailto:Tony.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Menteith Consulting Ltd              http://www.menteithconsulting.com