Re: [xsl] Schema-aware validation of XHTML result-document

Subject: Re: [xsl] Schema-aware validation of XHTML result-document
From: George Cristian Bina <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:11:16 +0200
Hi Abel and Jesper,

Please report any issues you have with oXygen on our support channels (support email, forum, user list) see:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/techSupport.html

I picked up now the issue you mentioned with the runtime errors with Saxon and we fixed this in the current development stream, so the fix will be in the next release. The problem was that when we got a fatal error the errors collected by the error listener were not displayed.

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina
http://www.oxygenxml.com

Abel Braaksma wrote:

Jesper Tverskov wrote:
When I use runtime validation the error message is only good when the
errors are not treated as warnings, but bad in the "warning" mode:
just "One or more validation errors were reported". In both modes
nothing is highlighted in the stylesheet.

Yes, this is a problem with Oxygen. I use it too, and many messages are not included in full, sometimes they say just "error occurred" or something like that. It is strange, because Saxon has a very clear and easy to use error reporting system, and in my own Java backend system all errors are captured with extensive detail.

My workaround: if you have an unclear error because Oxygen did not correctly capture it, run it from the commandline and you get the original clear message from Saxon.
[...]