RE: [xsl] limit a string to a certain word count

Subject: RE: [xsl] limit a string to a certain word count
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 08:12:29 -0000
> Not sure if it supports 1 or 2, but I noticed that my XSL has
> the following XML header:
>
> <xsl:stylesheet
> xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="1.0">
>
> What is the 2.0 equivilant?  Just:
>
> <xsl:stylesheet
> xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="2.0">

The version attribute in the stylesheet can be seen as a statement of
intent, that it needs a 1.0 or 2.0 processor (it's a bit more subtle than
that, but that will do for the moment). There are some environments, for
example Altova, where the system chooses an XSLT 1.0 processor or a 2.0
processor depending on the version attribute. But in general, if you use 2.0
facilities then you need to make sure you are using an XSLT processor that
supports 2.0, and sadly many existing processors do not.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/