Re: [xsl] Sequential numbers in pure xslt, breaking the no-side-effect rule

Subject: Re: [xsl] Sequential numbers in pure xslt, breaking the no-side-effect rule
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 19:28:13 +0100
Dimitre Novatchev wrote:

The transformation will only need (this can be done almost entirely in a wrapper) to surround its oun output with two "coventional outputs" -- the new tick count and the stop condition for the transformation.

Every "tick" corresponds to a single iteration as carried out by f:iterUntil().

<snip />

In this case I show a transformation, which can use the tick count at any point. To illustrate doing some useful work, it produces the tick count multiplied by 3.

This looks very interesting and promising, though I am not sure whether I can apply it to my stylesheet. But at least I don't have to worry about my dwellings for this weekend: it's now FXSL time (I wanted to look into it for such a long time, now's the time ;)

Thanks for the extended example and textual explanation (for some reason I always had some troubles understanding the abstractness of FXSL, but this looks all very straightforward and clear),

Cheers,
-- Abel