[xsl] Performance Loss by dateTime conversion?

Subject: [xsl] Performance Loss by dateTime conversion?
From: Mack <mackpei@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:25:40 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

I have a performance issue concerning the conversion
from C's time_t (seconds since 00:00:00 GMT Jan. 1,
1970) to a date time string like CCYYMMDDHHMMSS.

I use EXSLT's Date library (add, duration, ...) to do
this conversion. It works, but the performance is very
poor (e.g.: 22 minutes for 3200 records).

XSLT is generated by Altova MapForce. I am sure the
performance loss is caused by this conversion, because
if I remove the mapping, the file transformation is
very quick (40 seconds for the same 3200 records).

Can anyone over there give me some clues?

TIA

Mack

Be a PS3 game guru.