Re: [xsl] Set difference in xsl:number/@count, xsl:key/@match

Subject: Re: [xsl] Set difference in xsl:number/@count, xsl:key/@match
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 08:25:15 +0100
At 2007-03-21 13:59 +1100, Deborah Pickett wrote:
This is in the context of XSLT 1.0, auto-generating numbering for figures
(illustrations) in print documentation.  I have a solution, but I think
it's dirty and wonder if there is a better way.
Auto-generating text to say "Figure 1", "Figure 2", "Figure 3" is easy:
  <xsl:number count="*[contains(@class, ' figure ')]"/>
but I need my flowchart numbering to be independent, and auto-generate
"Figure 1", "Flowchart 1", "Figure 2".  I sort of want to say
  <xsl:number count="*[contains(@class, ' figure ')]
              except *[contains(@class, ' flowchart ')]"/>
only set difference doesn't work in xsl:number/@count, even in XSLT 2.0.

Have you tried:

count="*[contains(@class,' figure ') and not(contains(@class,' flowchart '))]"

That would seem to me to mimic what you were trying to say (though I don't know how you plan to do your numbering if one construct has both properties).

I hope this helps.

-- World-wide corporate, govt. & user group XML, XSL and UBL training RSS feeds: publicly-available developer resources and training G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0 +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995) Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05 http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal