Re: [xsl] What's your visual metaphor for XSL Transformations?

Subject: Re: [xsl] What's your visual metaphor for XSL Transformations?
From: "Rashmi Rubdi" <rashmi.sub@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 12:24:53 -0400
Thanks to everyone for your replies on visualizing recursion. I will
take some time to read everyone's replies.

I feel that knowing the characteristics of a recursive function / XSL
template makes it
easier to write them.

At the simplest level those characteristics are

1) A recursive template/function calls itself

2) The call to itself is at the end of the function

3) The recursion is finite or needs to be finite. In the case of XML
and XSLT the finiteness is defined by the depth of the XML nodes that
are being traversed recursively. In the case of functions it is some
condition that breaks the recursion.

At the next level of complexity, would be one function or template
calling another recursively and many other variations of the above
simple case.

-Rashmi