Re: [xsl] What's your visual metaphor for XSL Transformations?

Subject: Re: [xsl] What's your visual metaphor for XSL Transformations?
From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 00:26:05 +0530
Sorry I am joining a bit late into this thread. Lot of good things
have already been said about recursion.

I think recursion is implemented (by compiler / interpreter / or, XSLT
processor) using some kind of stack.
1) Each time a method is called, the method is pushed on the stack.
2) Each time the method returns, the method is popped off the stack.
3) If a method calls itself recursively, another copy of the method is
pushed onto the stack.

If you understand how stack works, you can easily visualize recursion.