RE: [xsl] Convert to RFC822 via XSLT? Doable?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Convert to RFC822 via XSLT? Doable?
From: "Austin, Darrel" <Darrel.Austin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:23:42 -0500
> It look like using the tostring("R") function asp.net (or date('r') in
> PHP) looks like the better option and just get the dats in
> the RFC822 format PRIOR to making the XML.

Well, it took me all of 30 seconds to recreate the XML using the proper
RFC822 format.

I thought that was slick and went back to my XSL to change the sort
commands and then it hit me...

I no longer have a numerically sortable month substring, since they are
all text abbreviations.

So, given that, how have others of you gotten around this? As always, I
see a number of options:

1 - store the date in XML in a format that I can sort in XSL and then,
in the XSL, use CONCAT to shuffle it back into RFC822 format

2 - store an extra element in the XML file, so I'd have 'sortdate' and
'RFC822' date.

3 - other?

#1 is doable, but seems a bit messy.

#2 is easy, but seems redundant.